Ms. Poonam Jain of M/s International Star Assistance Pvt Ltd. (ISAPL) has won yet another international award.
Women in Business and Professions World Awards-2020
(RECOGNIZING WOMEN IN BUSINESS AND THE PROFESSIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD)
Category: Health Care and Medical Hero of the Year
Motto: Handling medical Emergencies, Globally
Handling Medical Emergencies, Globally:
Indian government announced a hard-lockdown, with just 4 hours notice. Flights, Hospitals, Embassies, transport, Offices came to grinding halt. People movement was prohibited, with penalty on opening ANY office. Both medical and logistics services were snapped leading to an utter confusion and distress all around.
International Star Assistance Pvt Ltd. (ISAPL) being a global company for Medical Emergency, were amidst many cases. The Director-Operations, Ms. Poonam Jain, decided to stand up and continue the services. As per Poonam ‘People need us more now’. Leading from the front, her Operations team was up and running overnight.
- Having worked globally; Poonam activated the ‘Work From Home’, as per the Business Continuity Plan.
- She activated the call diversions and hunting mode for 24×7 Alarm Centre.
- Established 100% normal communication channels (emails, phones, chats)
- The process books and data backups were leveraged for formats, tools, accounting etc.
- Learning from the lockdown and business criticality, Poonam relentlessly worked on refining the policy / procedures to conclude the Audits. Finally achieve the ISO 9001-2015 Certification for SEARCH & RESCUE, AIR EVACUATION, AIR AMBULANCE, MEDICAL ASSISTANCE & ESCORT, and TRANSPORTATION OF HUMAN REMAINS
- Poonam prepared for the eventuality of any existing staff getting infected of Covid-19. She hired professionals to expand Support team by another 60%
- Poonam could envisage an immediate need for otherwise non-existent network and ecosystem for ‘Tele Medicine and counselling’.
- Arranged Psychiatrist counselling sessions for foreign nationals stranded at India.
- Poonam has established a team of Medics-paramedics for ‘home visit’, fully geared in PPE kits to provide Primary care for Covid-19 affected. An elaborate ‘Quarantine and monitoring’ was drawn in consultations with Doctors and learning from Medical agencies.
- In miraculous feet, Poonam arranged Air transfer of Human remains from Covid locked Eastern Europe to Canada; while all along being at home (Delhi, India). It was a unique multi-mode, multicounty mission.
- When everyone was losing peace, Poonam utilized the Covid-19 lockdown as an opportunity to seek overdue citizenship and immigration transfer of an Infant born in India 2 years back. US govt granted a ‘special case’ approval for Infant to reach home-US. Poonam went further ahead to arrange a seat in special flight of India-US for stranded. All this while coordinating with Washington.
- Poonam leveraged her experience at US Embassy during Anthrax scare days to prepare SOPs for Embassies’ readiness for Covid handling
- Poonam could fill the gap on Service provider for Air Charter; by leveraging network in Spain and Eastern Europe.
- When clients / expats were concerned about availability of Super specialty Hospital for Covid-19 treatment, Poonam arranged assured & preferred services to them.
- Quickly coached and guided the newly inducted staff, straight in a Work-from-Home mode, with devices, emails, phones working within 6 hours.
- Received appreciation and publicity for conducting Covid awareness sessions among the Residential communities. Arranged groceries and medical help for the aged / isolated.
- Ms. Poonam preferred to certify herself: International Red Cross’s course on “Restoring Family Links & Psychosocial Support in Emergency”
- Encouraged and coached Network Manager – Mr. Ankur Sharma certify himself: WHO’s “Health Emergency Program on Covid-19”
- Operations Manager – Mr. Deepak Rai learnt the nuances of Health and Travel Insurance
- Under Poonam’s mentoring, the complete Operations team was on feet 110% time. They felt more resourceful than before. The happiness and engagement was overwhelming. Poonam ensured a more than normal client communication. Team worked more cohesively and compassionate to those in need.
- Poonam’s empathetic approach is both consolation and reassuring to those in distress. She has happily handled the grief, anxiety and concerns of others. She brought few smiles back. During the severe Covid-19 outbreak, Poonam did lower her guards to take better care of fellow human beings.
- Under Poonam’s leadership, ISAPL stayed true to the company motto: Humane to Those in Distress!
- Poonam exhibited resilience & mellowness in such unpredicted circumstances. She heroically led from front to dispel panic and nervousness among client & society. Arranged Psychiatric video sessions for mental health of stranded & isolated expats.
- During hard lockdown of cities, offices, state borders, Airlines & transport Poonam arranged logistics, permissions, and devices for team to operate 24×7. They remained cheerful & healthy in ghost towns; when everyone else had dithered.
- Poonam pragmatically handled emergency of others, even during scary Covid-19 lockdowns; assuring and providing food, medicines and Medical help.